- Stay in touch better with my family and friends. Hmmm. This is a bit divided. I had a wonderful visit with my grandfather over the summer, my cousin came for a short visit for the first time, and we had multiple friends come to stay, and had a great summer hanging out with friends at the beach. However, school rolled around and with the new job things got busy. I struggled staying connected once again.
- Read more. Perhaps one of the things I did the best. I read, read, and read some more. I found our library's app and have been downloading and reading away. I love reading!
- Paint every room in our house. So we got the downstairs kitchen, living room, dining room, and bathroom finished. Then it stopped. Maybe this summer...
- Run a 10K. Didn't happen. Enough said.
- Lose 10 pounds and then do it three more times. see #4
- Blog more. 44 posts last year. Well it was something, right?
- Take more pictures. While I admit to not taking pictures with my point-and-shoot I did take a lot of pictures with my camera. Guess I need to add something about sharing my pictures on my 13 list.
- Visit one state I have never visited before. Nope.
- Take a getaway with my husband. Didn't happen.
- Play more. I'm not sure we "played" more, but we sure were busy together!
- Relax and take risks. I will say I think I did relatively well with this one. I made a conscious effort to let some things go. While I still have a ways to go I'm making progress. My big risk was saying goodbye to the school district where I started my career and worked for 8 years. It was a big step, but I am SO HAPPY I did. I found my passion for teaching once again, my coworkers are wonderful, and I've had the opportunity to challenge myself with new things.
- Social Media Adventures. As my blogging faded so did my social media adventures. I have shut down all my other blogs and I feel great! I felt like I was trying to spread myself way to thin on something that was giving very little return. At the beginning of the year I believe I was searching for a change. Taking a new teaching position filled this for me.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Forget the 12...let's go for 13!
12 in 2012 list. I decided to go back and see how I did with meeting my 12.