In celebration of the blog party that 5minutesformom is hosting I have decided to introduce myself through my very first 100 things about me! For my new blogging friends this will all be new and for my oldie, but goodie, friends and family hopefully you will find something that makes you stop and say, "I never knew that about her!" So take a minute and enjoy reading about all the pieces that fill my own "box of chocolates"!
1) I believe that God is awesome and I am one of His works in progress!!
2) God has blessed me with close to a “perfect” marriage with my wonderful hubby Dave
3) My husband is my best friend
4) My kids, Dylan (6), and Zoe (2), are my pride and joy
5) I live in a small town in Delaware
6) I’m a beach bum and live only about a mile away from the Atlantic Ocean
7) Orange is my favorite color
8) My two front teach are crooked and I hate them
9) When I feel like a failure I remember that my kids still think I am the best mommy ever and that is what counts the most
10) I would wear flip flops every day if I could
11) If I could go anywhere in the world I would head down under to Australia
12) I’m a shoe addict
13) A Vera Bradley addict too
14) CHOCOLATE…the one word says it all
15) My girlfriends rock
16) My perfect winter night is snuggling in my big, comfy, chair in front of the fireplace reading a good book
17) My perfect summer day is laying on the beach with a book, watching Dylan boogie board and Zoe play in the sand
18) My job makes a difference – I can potentially change our future
19) Food Network is the best network on TV
20) I have never missed one episode of Desperate Housewives or Grey’s Anatomy
21) I watched every episode of Dawson’s Creek…multiple times
22) I am done having kids and proud to say this
23) Becoming a mom is the life accomplishment that I am proud of the most.
24) I was homeschooled for every grade except 1st
25) I got into tons of trouble in 1st grade
26) I graduated one year early by taking college classes when I was 16
27) I yearn to get back involved in a church
28) I feel ashamed that my children are not involved in Sunday School or know the words to “Jesus Loves Me”
29) I got married on a pier
30) It was the hottest day in my life (and if you ask any of the guests they will tell you it was the hottest day of their life too!)
31) I hate shaving my legs and rarely do in the winter
32) Everybody should get regular pedicures
33) If I can’t be in flip flops then I want Uggs on my feet
34) I was 25 when I took my first trip to Disney World
35) I clean for the cleaning ladies
36) Nothing beats a bushel of crabs and sweet tea on a warm, summer day
37) Having a June birthday rocks because I get presents every six months
38) My grandmother made the best mashed potatoes in the whole world
39) Hockey is my favorite sport to watch
40) Dave had the name “Dylan” picked out before we even thought about kids and I got to pick “Zoe”
41) I have no idea where I got the name “Zoe” from
42) I became a teacher for Winter Break, Spring Break, Summer Break, and SNOW DAYS!!! (Of course I love children too and see #12)
43) I can touch my nose with my tongue
44) If there was a way to stretch your body so you could be taller I would try it
45) I like wearing glasses because I feel smarter with them
46) I cannot stand to see, hear, or clean up vomit…yes, even from my own kids
47) I once thought that a “clove” of garlic was an entire garlic and therefore bought 4 whole garlic’s for a recipe that called for 4 cloves of garlic
48) I am not a fan of garlic
49) Funnel Cakes are why I go to state fairs
50) I’m a blog stalker (although trying to beat this!)
51) My kids cannot have enough clothes and I enjoy buying their clothes more than I do my own clothes
52) One day I would love to own my own party planning business
53) I would also like to learn more about web design
54) The birthday parties that I plan for my kids are the envy of everybody else’s kids
55) I can be outgoing when I am surrounded by friends, but hate walking into a room full of people I don’t know
56) I enjoy making people laugh
57) I am two classes away from finishing my Master’s Degree. I will graduate in June!!
58) Dylan started playing soccer in the fall and I love being a soccer mom
59) I will stay up until the wee hours of night to finish one of my historical romances
60) I love to laugh
61) Having fun is what life is all about
62) My husband spoils me
63) In turn, we both spoil our kids
64) Tigger is my favorite Disney character although when I took the character test Dave was more like Tigger and I was Rabbit
65) I spend entirely too much time on the Internet
66) I’m an Ebay junkie
67) I am one of the freaks who insists on being at Walmart at 4:00a.m. the day after Thanksgiving
68) Shopaholic (the word says it all)
69) Will cook, but you may not want to eat!
70) Baker extraordinaire
71) My favorite childhood memories mostly come from the many camping trips that my family went on
72) The older I get the more I like my parents
73) I’m proud of my brother who is a Marine and survived 3 Iraq deployments, one of which earned him a purple heart for injuries received there
74) My other little brother is cool too and I truly believe that God has something really special in store for him. He is a smarty!
75) I’m ignorant when it comes to anything art related
76) I loathe visiting museums
77) Some days I am jealous of the people who are “LOST!” because I want to be stranded on an island
78) Nothing beats a Peppermint Mocha Latte from Starbucks on a brisk, winter day
79) Incompetent people tick me off!
80) I’m very organized to the point of obsession
81) When you give me something to do rest assured that it will be done
82) When my husband isn’t home I close all the blinds, lock all the doors, make the kids sleep with me, and keep the phone right beside me
83) I am not a big fan of the dark
84) I think it would be fun to live in a big city
85) My favorite day of the week is Sunday because Dave is home and we get to spend time as a family all day
86) One day I would like to have my doctorate’s degree so then it would be Dr. and Mr. David Tuttle
87) American Idol is a set-up and America’s votes are not really considered
88) The contestants on “Are you smarter than a 5th grader?” are just plain idiots
89) If I could be on any game show I would want to be on “Deal or No Deal” and I would give Howie a big bear hug!!
90) I have never known life without my friend Becky…she has been around for as long as I can remember
91) Jen and I have been friends for over half of our lives
92) Old friends are precious and when they have that much information about you it is best to keep them close!!
93) I have only known some of my closest friends for a little more than a year…I don’t know how I survived without them…love you girls!!!
94) I’m a firm believer that “When God closes a door, He always opens a window”
95) My family is NOT environmentally friendly…examples are as I am sitting here typing this, my Tahoe is out front, the trash is overflowing with water bottles and soda cans, and every light is on in the house
96) Grocery shopping is on my top 5 things that I HATE doing…laundry is a close second
97) Grammar is most definitely not my strong point so please don’t point out any errors that you may find in this post
98) I would love to win the lottery, but at the same time I wouldn’t because I really like my life how it is and I wouldn’t want it to change drastically
99) I am proud of myself when I can scratch something off my to do list…thank goodness I have completed this so I can take it off my list
100) Choosing 100 random things to share about me is not on my top 10 favorite things to do in my spare time!!!
It took me DAYS to write my 100 things and one of my 100 things was that it was tough talking about me!ReplyDelete
Great list -- other than being organized (I'm so not!) we have quite a bit in common...
HAH I recently discovered the food network...it definately knows how to steal away my spare time :)ReplyDelete
I've been blogging nearly two years and haven't done 100 things about me. Guess I should start. Nice to meet you. Enjoy the party and stop by if you can!ReplyDelete
Hi there, Melissa! I just had to come here...you've mentioned "chocolate". yummmmmmmm...That is once delicious word. :)ReplyDelete
Like a couple comments ahead of me, I've also yet to do the "100 things...", but reading them can be very fascinating. Congrats on the discipline to complete the list. ;) TaTa4now!
What a great idea for your blog party intro! I had a great time and could sooo relate to many of your items. Mostly about not being eco-friendly. I lived in Switzerland for a time where you need to have a PhD in order to sort your garbage and really got into it. I feel such guilt every time I don't recycle. :-)ReplyDelete
Hey girlfriend...glad you are a PARTY girl too!! ;) It was really cool reading your list...wow, good for you! So glad that you are at a space in life where you are content. PTL!ReplyDelete
Great list! I'm gonna try doing a list, maybe on my 100th post.ReplyDelete
You sound like a great wife, mother and friend! I love this party thing.
I had to cover my ears and sing on #87, LOL! I'm in denial!
Funnel Cakes are BLISS!
Thanks for coming by my blog to party! I love it that your son is named Dylan! We have a son name Dylan too who would have been 5 today! It makes me happy to ready about your son.ReplyDelete
Very interesting! I'm just like you in some ways, and totally opposite in others. You have GOT to teach your kids "Jesus Loves Me"!ReplyDelete
I have yet to do something like this...I'm going to have to now! I think you and I just might get along pretty well. :)ReplyDelete
Happy Blog Party!
lOl, there are quite a few things I could add to my own...which I haven't done..it's on my to do list...lolol...with a million other things...ReplyDelete
Tks for stopping by! I'll pop by again.
Wow, that's quite a list! I used to teach 2nd grade, but now I home school 4 of my 6 children. That's great that you were home schooled! I love the beach, too, and I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico. May you be blessed! Do you have a Sovereign Grace church near to you?? Visit me at my blog. There's a 100 things about me in the sideline link.ReplyDelete
Chocolate AND funnel cakes...I am so here for your party. Your family is beautiful.ReplyDelete
thanks for stopping by my party.
#54! I love kids' birthday parties. That's what my blog party is about. Come take a look. I looked thru Dylan & Zoe's birthday party posts. SO CUTE!ReplyDelete
Did someone say chocolate??ReplyDelete
June birthdays totally rock!! :)
Great list! I love your slide show, and your kids are too cute!ReplyDelete
What are Uggs?
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Blog Partying!
I skipped the 100 things list. Is that bad luck in the blog world? :)ReplyDelete
Your list is great!
Thanks for stopping by my party too!
Well if you make it to Australia, hop across the ditch and see me in New Zealand!ReplyDelete
Hi! Just stopping by to join in on your party. Lots of fun to read about you at 100 things! Hope you have fun party blogging this week!ReplyDelete
I love the 100 lists! I need to get my finished and up! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy partying!ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! Nice to see you. Well, you may not have visited Australia but you visited an Australian blog...will that do for this week?! :)ReplyDelete
Cool list! I like to stay up and read historical dramas too. Have you read Francine River's "Redeeming Love"? It's excellent!ReplyDelete