Saturday, August 30, 2014
I always join in with goal writing and share my goals as well. This year, I thought I'd use this blog as a way to record my goals and hold me accountable towards striving to meet them.
So here are my goals for the 14-15 school year:
1) Blog!! - I began blogging personally (melsboxofchocolates.com) when my son began Kindergarten...he's now beginning 8th grade (gulp!). I enjoy writing and sharing my story, but I slowly stopped blogging. I would like to share my passion with teaching though and will write/share more here about my journey as an educator!
2) Math Centers - I enjoy using reading centers in my classroom and last year attempted to get my toes wet with math centers. I definitely was not consistent and seemed to change my format every week. This year, I will jump in again, staying consistent!
3) Explore GAFE! Technology in my classroom is a passion! I like to share my love with technology with my students (and their families). Last year we blogged and tweeted and this year I would like to add even more technology. I participate in #satchat (blog coming soon) and the latest topic was Google Classroom. I want to explore this and see how to begin with my 3rd graders!
4) Writing - Incorporating writing into all subject areas with meaningful assignments!
5) Finally, a personal goal! To keep balance with my responsibilities as teacher and wife/mom. Last year, I feel that I threw myself into my teaching to the extent that I let down my family. This year, I will strive to find that balance and instead of working every weekend, stop to enjoy my husband and kiddos instead. Yes, I want to be the best teacher I can be, but I also need to be the best wife and mom.
So there are my 5 goals for the school year. I will be tracking my progress and reflecting throughout the year.
What about you? Do you set goals in your classroom? For your students? For yourself?