As I was reading I came across Victoria's post. Victoria is a mom of two who's husband was just laid off. Then I also read A Daily Scoop and discovered that they just lost one of their children in a drowning accident. Their baby fell in a hot tub that they just purchased 5 days earlier and they had to take her off a ventilator after all of her organs failed. Then I read 5 minutes for mom where they are talking about the floods in Iowa and how many families have lost their houses, have no food, clothes, and some even lost family members. I also recently found out that my school nurse's son was in a horrible accident and is in critical condition. They have been updating a care page to relay information and yesterday she posted that he now has a blood infection causing a high temperature so his visitors are limited and he is taking more medication.
I am sure there are many more stories out in the blogosphere like those above. Stories of sadness, tragedy, and devastation. Realizing that I am a lucky one who isn't experiencing anything of the like, I decided to write about being grateful.
- the gas prices are rising,
- our paychecks are eaten by bills,
- my kids pick on one another,
- there are dishes in my sink, laundry in piles, and toys all over the place
I know that,
- I drive the truck I've always wanted and hubby has his motorcycle plus his car,
- I'm off for the summer which allows us to control some of our gas usage
- my husband and I have relatively stable jobs,
- with steady incomes that pays for our house, food, clothes, and even some frivolous things,
- hubby and I are both healthy,
- both of my children are alive and well and bring smiles to my face daily,
- I am surrounded by friends and family who are there for me day in and day out,
- During the summer I can relax at the beach watching the waves roll by.
While I know I will worry and become anxious at times because it is only human of me, I also want to make sure that I take the time to be grateful and acknowledge all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me. I am one lucky lady and I don't ever want to take that for granted!!
So what about you? Will you take the time to be grateful today? Leave me a comment and let me know a blessing that you have been given!